for NIOS II project
2006/03/09 eCos4NiosII v1.2 released, you can download it at Download
Feature: (1) Add serial driver for NIOSII development kit.
2005/06/16 goAhead webserver can work on NIOS II platform,
refer goAhead Web Server section
2005/04/27 eCos4NiosII v1.1 released.
Feature : (1) RedBoot can work with GDB without NIOS II
debug module. It can reduce LEs usage for FPGA
(2) Support Ethernet packages
Support FAT filesystem
The goal of this project is that wants to port eCos to NIOSII CPU. And
execute some application on my FPGA board.
This eCos isn't same as the released from Altera. It is fully ported by
myself. This package use "break instruction" to connect with GDB.
But when you build NIOS II, the "break instructioni" is hidden by
Quartus II software. You must turn it on by modifing the ptf file to
"break instruction" command. When the "break instruction" enabled, the
RedBoot can work with GDB without NIOS II debug module.
The FPGA platform I used is Altera NIOS Development Kits(Cyclone
goAhead Web Server
- Cyclone EP1C20FC400C7 device
- MAX® EPM7128AE CPLD
configuration control logic
- SRAM (1 Mbyte in two banks of 512 Kbytes, 16-bit wide)
- SDR SDRAM (16 Mbytes, 32-bit wide)
- Flash (8 Mbytes)
- EPCS4 Serial Configuration Device (4 Mbits)
- CompactFlash connector header for Type I CompactFlash cards (40
available user I/O pins)
- 10/100 Ethernet physical layer/media access control (PHY/MAC)
- Ethernet connector (RJ-45)
- Two serial connectors (RS-232 DB9 port)
- Two 5-V-tolerant expansion/prototype headers (2 x 41 available
user I/O pins)
- Two Joint Test Action Group (JTAG) connectors
- Mictor connector for debugging
- Four user-defined push-button switches
- Eight user-defined LEDs
- Dual 7-segment LED display
- Power-on reset circuitry
The first application for my eCos4Nios II is building a web
server on it. I choose goAhead
as web server. You can see some screenshot below.
You also can download all source code in Download
section. This package include all souce code of eCos , goAhead and
hardware RTL code.
eCos4NiosII package 1.2
eCos4NiosII package 1.1
package include eCos4Nios2-1.1,
gnu tool-chain for linux,
hardware design source code,
and some documents.
FPGA-Fancier : My another web